Once your phones are installed and ready to go, you can begin your telephone setup.
ShoreTel Connect Phone System
480 and 485 model phones
- Press the VoiceMail button on your phone (to the right of the dial pad).
- Press the Call VM soft key (above the dial pad) to activate the tutorial.
- When prompted, enter the temporary password (1234#).
- The system tutorial will walk you through changing your password, and recording your mailbox name (record your full name when prompted).After your mailbox name has been recorded, you will be back at the main menu in voice mail and need to record your mailbox greeting.
- Press 7 for mailbox options, then press 1 to record a personal greeting. (A personal greeting is what callers hear when you are away from your desk). Follow the system prompts to record and save the greeting. Hang up when done.
The Volume Control Key adjusts the volume of the Ringer while your phone is idle, the Handset volume while the handset is in use, or the Speaker volume when on a handsfree call.
There are also 6 additional volume control options available should you need them:
- Handset mic
- Handset speaker
- Headset mic
- Headset speaker
- Handsfree (speakerphone) mic
- Sidetone gain (this is what you hear while you are speaking)
To access the additional volume controls:
- Press the Options soft key. Enter your password and then press OK.
- Use the arrow key to scroll down until Audio Settings is highlighted, then press the Open soft key.
- Use the arrow key to select the item you want to change. When highlighted press Open.
- You can then raise or lower the volume by using the Decrease or Increase keys.
- When done, press Back to return to Audio Settings menu and select another item you want to change,
- Or press Back again, then Exit to return to normal phone operation.
The Mute Key when illuminated red indicates that the caller doesn’t hear you, whether you are talking on the handset or a speaker call. Press the button to toggle Mute on and off.
Speakerphone: To make or answer a call handsfree, press the speaker button.